So what about us? The IT Engagement team at JAARS seeks to make people aware of the need for staff and provide vision, motivating IT, software, and other professionals to get involved in the Bible translation movement. What we do:
- this website, which reaches a global audience
- respond to inquirers who are interested and ask questions, encouraging them to take the next step
- coordinate people’s visits to IT centers so they can better understand the work and how their skills might be used
- compile IT Jobs—global IT projects in need of staff
- participate in special events, and present the vision for IT supporting Bible translation, on college campuses
- manage IT Skills Questionnaires
- connect potential staff with open positions
- engage social media
- offer Check-IT-Out conferences
More than 25 conferences have been held in the United States and Canada to show how computers, software, and field engineering are used to support Bible translation worldwide, and various ways to get involved.
IT Engagement desires to work with partners to multiply these conferences around the globe and involve more workers. From 170 to 200 openings are available worldwide, making IT one of the top five staffing needs among all our partner organizations.
PO Box 248
Waxhaw, North Carolina 28173
USA Toll Free