A career staff person is led by God to work full-time, long-term in the Bible translation movement.
This process may include several steps:
- complete the application process
- build a team of partners that God assembles to meet ministry needs for prayer, financial income, and tangible support
- continue to maintain this team
- receive a field assignment through a process of skill evaluation, prayer, discussion of options, and a formal invitation
- complete any needed training
Counting the Cost as a Career Member
Becoming a career member of a Bible translation organization requires a very serious level of commitment. It may be a major lifestyle change for you. If you are married (not required!), this is a step to take only with the total support of your spouse.
We’re not looking for perfect people; we are all a work in progress. Consult with the leadership of your home church. They can help you assess your spiritual maturity and readiness.
Please don’t disqualify yourself until you have talked with a staff person.
When considering your decision, take counsel from Jesus’ instructions to his disciples: