Do you believe God is calling you to become a career staff person? If so, look at an overview of the process you take. It will be exciting to see how God works as you follow these next steps.
- Contact us at checkitout.sil.org. Please be as thorough as possible to give us an accurate understanding of your IT experience and skills.
- The appropriate personnel for your country of citizenship will talk with you.
- Complete an application and provide the requested references.
- Your skills will be assessed with regard to positions to which God might be calling you.
- You will receive several assignment options and locations to consider prayerfully.
- The field locations’ directors will evaluate how you (and your family) would match their operations.
- Invitations may be extended to you.
- When you accept an assignment, you will be responsible for developing partners to invest in your ministry both spiritually and financially.
- A ministry budget will be developed based on your assignment location.
- You may be required to take cross cultural and language acquisition training.
- Due to changes in technology and staffing needs, the initial assignment can change, and during your career you may hold a variety of positions in multiple locations.