You can explore by reading mission stories, browsing brochures, watching media, checking out locations, experiencing events, and taking classes!
If you want to visit a center, contact us in advance, and we can help set up an appointment with IT staff. They will answer your questions and give you an idea of their work.
- SIL International
- Dallas, Texas—Language software development, as well as strategy and architecture customer advocacy, publishing, mapping, and center IT support services.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina—Global network and email support services; field systems engineering; enterprise business, web application, and language software development; project management; hardware; media services; training materials development; and software distribution and center IT support services.
- Calgary, Alberta—Linux software development.
- JAARS—Waxhaw, North Carolina—Come for a weekday tour or for JAARS Day, a Saturday open house with displays, sessions, aircraft rides, and more. The Museum of the Alphabet and Mexico-Cárdenas Museum are also open for visits.
- Wycliffe USA, Orlando, Florida—Enterprise systems and services, software development, project management, and IT support services for the center.
- Wycliffe Global Alliance—If you would like to visit a Wycliffe center in your own country, contact the center to find out about free tours, presentations, and special events.
Many events present the work of Bible translation and the organizations involved, including:
Check-IT-Out is a conference designed for Christian IT professionals, skilled IT users, and high school and college students. It covers what an IT staff person does and gives more detail about how to become involved. Participants thoroughly enjoy the information and fellowship with others interested in IT and missions.
JAARS Day features an interactive day at the JAARS Center in Waxhaw, North Carolina. It provides an up-close look at Bible translation—and how it relies on practical support like boats, aviation, four-wheel-drive vehicles, media, IT, software, and more. Come Explore!
Missions at the Airport offers opportunities to hear the story of JAARS and take an aircraft ride, presented by teams who visit airports, churches, schools, and camps across the United States. Every event is different, depending on the local sponsors and community. Live music, food, and kids’ activities are often featured. Check our calendar for dates and locations.
Perspectives is a fifteen week course designed to help you experience God’s heart for all peoples and encounter the momentum of the World Christian Movement. Perspectives will help you discover your epic role in God’s global plans. Each year, about 200 classes are hosted in churches and community centers around the US.