Information Technology Director
This is an extraordinary IT operation, and it needs an IT Director to match. Can you bring vision, strategic direction, business acumen, and operational planning to an organization that provides robust technology products and services in direct support of missionaries worldwide, some in the remotest areas of the globe?
You could be the person who provides leadership and management to an IT department serving a complex, multi-cultural, and geographically diverse organization that prides itself in the continuous delivery of quality information technology and data management services.
We are a nonprofit organization committed to serving language communities worldwide. God is doing amazing things through Bible translation and language development. You could join in what God is doing by using your IT leadership skills to make an eternal impact: join the movement as an information technology director!
- Oversee strategic alignment of IT staff and projects with organizational goals and objectives, ensuring that organizational priorities are met
- Communicate regularly with IT staff regarding organizational priorities, critical needs, and how the work of the IT department is impacting goals of the organization and of the Bible Translation Movement
- Ensure that sufficient IT staff are recruited and trained to fulfill the IT needs of the organization
- Serve on inter-organizational teams to conduct analyses of existing or proposed business processes and systems for high-level system integration
Undergraduate degree in IT Management, Information Systems Technology, Computer Engineering; an MBA or other graduate degree; or equivalent experience in senior IT management roles
- 7–10 years leading, managing, and/or directing a small to medium sized IT department
- Strategic planning and execution
- Substantial blend of experiences in information services, networking, applications development, evolving corporate infrastructure, risk management, implementation of web-based applications and cloud technology, and supervisory experience
- Ability to manage large-scale projects and budgets
- Experience managing multiple outsourced resources and remote teams is desirable