Language Technology Consultant
- Advise language program leadership as to available language technology.
- Provide training and support for such technology in order to maximize the efficiency of field teams.
- Guarantee high quality outcomes.
- Provide leadership in this domain.
- Stay abreast of developments in language technology.
- Recommend language program strategies in step with new technological advances.
- Provide ongoing user support and troubleshoot technology issues for recommended language tools.
- Mentor language technology specialists and other consultants.
- Promote best practices in language technology use.
- Ensure that bugs and usability issues are reported back to developers.
POSITION EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Recommended B.A. for entity consultant, M.A. for area or international consultants.
- Recommended B.A. in technical area, M.A. encouraged.
- Minimum previous experience in the area of Phonetics, Phonology, Morphology and Syntax.
- Previous multicultural experience helpful.