Language Technology Specialist
- Provide training and support for language technology in order to maximize the efficiency of field teams and guarantee high quality outcomes.
- Become familiar with the current recommended language technology software.
- Install and configure current recommended language software, and train users in that software.
- Provide ongoing user support for a positive experience in the use of recommended language software.
- Guide language programs according to the best practices in language technology use.
- Clearly report bugs and issues encountered back to the software developers or to the Area Language Technology Coordinator.
POSITION EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of secondary school (high school diploma or BAC) or equivalent.
- Two years or more experience using computers and a strong familiarity with computer concepts.
- Experience working in a language program is preferable, but must at least be familiar with the field methods in use in language programs.
- Previous multicultural experience helpful for the language technology specialist.